Sunday 5 October 2014

Week 6 (29th Sept - 5th Oct)

This week was one of great exhaustion, Aydin seems right on queue with the 6 week growth spurt.

My week has been a complete blur, I have done a lot of breastfeeding (more than the usual every couple of hours) and Aydin has done a huge amount of complaining and screaming. The days were spent carrying him because every time I put him do he wakes up, the evenings had at least one hour of screaming for no apparent reason. Luckily the nights were plain sailing, I can't thank him enough for this. Hal has been amazing this week helping me out at night, though I worry how he manages the rest of the day at work after only a few hours sleep. 

The silver lining this week has been the glimpses of his smile, they have been few, and never when I had my camera ready, but they have made the headaches from his screams worth it.


On Tuesday I spent the day with Ewa which was absolutely lovely. I got to leave the house and catch up with her, just the 2 of us for most of the afternoon. On Saturday we celebrated my mums birthday which luckily was a home cooked meal, as Aydi continued his evening antics. 

Gosh, I hope we have got through the worst of this growth spurt, it breaks my heart hearing him scream, I feel like the most awful mama. And being so inexperienced it's easy to feel hopeless. 

Here's to a calmer week ahead. :)


Aydin with grannie

Aydin with a fluffy audience
Grannie and Auntie Ewa
3 Generations 
Proud Daddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment